Courses Offered in Abia Poly and their Cut Off Marks
In this article, we will look into the full list of courses offered in Abia Poly and their cut off marks. If you’re seeking admission into Abia State Polytechnic (ABIAPOLY) and you’ve been searching for a full list of courses offered in the institution, then this article is definitely for you. We have taken the liberty of compiling a comprehensive list of the courses for both ND and HND programmes. Have fun reading.
Schools in Abia Poly
- School of Engineering Technology
- School of Business and Management Technology
- School of Food Science and Technology
- School of Science and Engineering Technology.
- School of Environmental Design and Technology
Courses Offered in Abia Poly
Below is the list of ND and HND courses offered in Abia Poly. The courses that are only available for ND programmes are specified. Just as always, we have arranged all the courses based on the schools/faculties.
School of Business and Management Technology
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration and Management
- Public Administration
- Office Management and Technology
School of Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology (ND only)
- Computer Engineering Technology (ND only)
- Electrical Electronics Engineering Technology (ND only)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (ND only)
- Chemical Engineering Technology (ND only)
School of Environmental Design and Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
School of Food Science and Technology
- Food Science and Technology (ND only)
School of Science and Engineering Technology
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Physics with Electronics
It should be noted that Biology/Microbiology, Physics/Electronics, and Chemistry/Biochemistry are offered exclusively at the HND level.
Abia Poly JAMB Cut Off Mark
The Abia state polytechnic has set its JAMB cut off mark for all courses for 2019/2020 academic session at 150. This means candidates who score up to 150 are automatically eligible to sit for the institution’s post UTME examination. It’s is however advisable to score higher than this to have a better chance of gaining admission.
Abia Poly Post UTME Cut Off Mark
The cut-off mark for Abia Poly post UTME for all courses is 50%. Candidates who score higher than the benchmark stand a better chance of being admitted, especially those who applied for competitive courses.
ABIAPOLY Admission Requirements
Candidates with one or two of the following certificates may be considered for admission into the National Diploma Programme.
- SSCE/NECO/NABTEB/GCE o’-TC 11 with credit level passes in five subjects relevant to the programme obtained at no more than two sittings.
- The National Technical Certificate (NTC) or National Business Certificate (NBC) with a pass in a trade plus four relevant academic subjects
- A satisfactory score in the UTME examination, which is conducted annually by JAMB
- Holders of the Advanced National Technical Certificate (ANTC) may be given enhanced placement in the ND programme provided they have also met the minimum entry requirement into the ND programmes and obtain good grades in the ANTC Examination.
- Five credits in relevant subjects obtained at the final examination of the NBTE recognized preliminary ND programme offered in a polytechnic or similar Post-Secondary Technical Institution.
- A pass in the final examination of the pre-science and technology of the polytechnic.
- All candidates applying for science and technology programmes must possess credit level passes in mathematics and English language(Not Literature in English)
- Applicants for Business and Management Programmes
- Candidates should have credit passes in English Language and Mathematics.
Was this useful? Would you love us to improve on anything? Do you have any question for us? Let us know via the comment section.