Approved: UNIBEN 2019/2020 Academic Calendar
The senate of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) has approved a new academic calendar for the 2019/2020 academic session. This approval was signed by the Public Relations Officer, Prof. Benedicta Ehanire on the 23rd for December 2019. According to the signed memorandum, new students are expected to come into residence for the first semester on Monday, 6th January 2020 while clearance begins on the 7th of January 2020. More so, old students are expected to resume on Monday, 19th, January, 2020. Lectures for all students are expected to commence on the 20th of January, 2020. The full details for the 2019/2020 academic calendar are shared below.
UNIBEN First Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 06/01/2020 – New students come into residence for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 07/01/2020 – Clearance begins for new students
- 19/01/2020 – Old students come into residence for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 20/01/2020 – Lectures begin for all students 1st Semester of 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 20/02/2020 – Students go on mid-semester break
- 12/04/2020 – Students return to campus from mid-semester break to continue Academic activities
- 03/05/2020 – Deadline for registration and payment of school charges for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 04/05/2020 – Matriculation
- 29/05/2020 – End of First semester lectures for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 01/06/2020 – 05/06/2020 – Revision (one week)
- 06/06/2020 – Examinations begin in Faculties Education/Pharmacy/Engineering/Life Sciences/Physical Sciences/Environmental Sciences
- 10/06/2020 – CED Examination
- 11/06/2020 – 24/06/2020 – Other Faculties Examinations begin (Two weeks)
- 25/06/2020 – 30/06/2020 – General Studies Examinations (CBT)
- 01/07/2020 – 14/07/2020 – Students go down for first semester break (Two weeks break)
UNIBEN Second Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 19/07/2020 – Students come into residence for second semester
- 20/07/2020 – Lectures begin for second semester
- 23/10/2020 – Second semester lectures end
- 24/10/2020 – 30/10/2020 – Revision (one week)
- 02/11/2020 – Examinations begin in faculties of Education/Pharmacy Engineering/Life Sciences/Physical Sciences/Environmental Sciences
- 09/11/2020 – CED Examinations
- 10/11/2020 – 23/11/2020 – Other Faculties Examinations (Two weeks)
- 24/11/2020 – 28/11/2020 – General Studies Examinations
- 30/11/2020 – Students go down (End of 2019/2020 Academic Session)
- 01/12/2020 – 14/12/2020 – Schools/Faculties/Institutes/Departments/Boards of Studies meet to consider 2019/2020 sessional results
- 15/12/2020 – 19/12/2020 – Business Committee meets to consider results for lower level for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 20/12/2020 – 28/12/2020 – Senate meets to consider sessional results for higher levels for 2019/2020 Academic Session
- 10/01/2021 – New students come into residence for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- 12/01/2021 – Clearance begin for New Students
- 17/01/2021 – Old students come into residence for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- 18/01/2021 – Lectures begin for 1st Semester of 2020/2021 Academic Session.
The Explanation for Mid-Semester Break
The management of the University of Benin included an unusual mid-semester break to the approved 2019/2020 academic calendar. This break is expected to start from the 20th of February, 2020 to the 12th of April, 2020. The management explained that the break was added to enable extensive renovation of the hostels by the State Government ahead of the 2020 National Sports Festival. According to the Memorandum signed by the PRO of the University of Benin, Benedicta Ehanire, the hostels will serve as accommodation for the athletes that will participate during the festival. The Vice Chancellor, Prof. I. I. Salami also expressed her apology to the students and other stakeholders who would experience any form of inconvenience due to this development.
<script data-ad-client=”ca-pub-8990646237133477″ async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script>
Was this article useful? Tell us what you think and how to serve you better. Happy new year from all of us at Schoolmetro!
Update: UNIBEN 2019/2020 Online Clearance Exercise
Uniben Hostel Accommodation: Application Procedure
UNIBEN Online Clearance Requirements and Procedure
Does that mean that those staying in the hostel will have to pack out during the said ‘renovation’?
Yes, there will be general renovation and everyone will be asked to leave during that specific period.
Wow. Thank you so much