UNIBEN Online Clearance Requirements and Procedure
Uniben Online Clearance is the first thing expected from every newly admitted student in the University of Benin. This requires the newly admitted students to upload their personal data to the students’ online portal of the University. The process is very simple if you know how to go about it. An error in the process is always very expensive as it can prevent the student from completing physical clearance. It is, therefore, important for students to understand the pros and cons of the Uniben online clearance process before starting their clearance which is what this article provides.
Requirements for University of Benin Online Clearance
Below are the required documents for the Online Clearance into the University of Benin, Benin City.
1. Original Copy of O’ Level Certificate: During Uniben online clearance, newly admitted students are required to provide the original copy of their O’ level. It is, therefore, worthy to be noted that Statement of Result can only be accepted if the student sat for the O’ level examination the previous session. This is in due consideration that the original O’ level certificate is yet to be released by the examination body.
2. Birth Certificate or Affidavit of Age Declaration: Original birth certificate of the student is one of the documents required during Uniben online clearance. It is therefore important that the date of birth in the birth certificate be the same as that of the O’ level certificate. In a situation where the dates of birth differ, the candidate will be mandated to make the correction before completing physical clearance.
3. Original JAMB Result Slip: This must be obtained from Jamb Official Website with Jamb scratch card which is obtainable at most cyber cafés and must be uploaded to the students’ kofa page during uniben online clearance.
4. JAMB Admission Letter: The original admission letter offered by Jamb must contain the course offered to the student by University of Benin. In a case where University of Benin offers you a different course, you are required to regularize your Jamb admission letter for the offered course to reflect on the letter.
5. Guarantor’s Letter: University of Benin requires a surety letter from the newly admitted students. This letter must be signed by the guardian of the student, ensuring the school management of a good behavior from the student and also an assurance of being responsible for the financial obligations of the student.
6. Acceptance Letter: Newly admitted students are expected to draft a letter, stating that they accept the course offered to them by the institution.
7. Local Government of Origin Identification: It is compulsory for newly admitted students to obtain an identification letter from their local government of origin. This can also be substituted with an affidavit letter sworn for this purpose.
8. Affidavit of Non-membership of Secret Cult: During online clearance in University of Benin, students are required to swear an affidavit, stating that they are not a member of any secret cult and will not indulge in cultism throughout their years in the school.
9. Affidavit of Good Conduct: The student is also expected to swear an affidavit, assuring the school management of good conduct all the time.
1. Scan all the above listed documents above and resize them to a minimum size of 150kb (it should be very visible and readable).
2. Open the University of Benin Students’ Portal
3. Log in with your Student ID and password
4. Pay your acceptance fee and start your online clearance with the activation code on your payment slip.
5. Complete the provided form and upload all your credentials.
6. Confirm the information you provided and submit.
7. Print out your clearance slip for your physical clearance.