TASUED Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements
This information is for applicants who are interested in the TASUED Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements.
About Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED)
The Tai Solarin University of Education is a state university of education in Nigeria. It was established in 2005. It is located in Ijagun, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.
TASUED was officially approved as a university by the National Universities Commission (NUC) on Tuesday 28 November 2005.
It is a citadel of learning dedicated to the production of competent professional educators and teachers who have immense knowledge of their chosen subjects/disciplines of study and the requisite pedagogical skills of subject delivery.
The University is unique in that, from inception, it incorporated a four-year mandatory vocational and entrepreneurial study into the curriculum of its B.Ed, B.Sc(Ed), B.Sc, and B.A(Ed) programmes .
This made it possible \that students are awarded two certificates at graduation; one in their chosen course of study and the other a proficiency certificate in vocational and entrepreneurial study.
Furthermore, in a sequel to the NUC Resource Assessment exercise in April 2019, the Commission in addition to the existing programmes (undergraduate and postgraduate) granted the university the approval to establish some postgraduate programmes and the full-time mode of some undergraduate programmes.
In all, 59 programmes were newly approved: 33 Ph.D. programmes, 13 M.A, M.Sc, M.A(Ed), and M.Sc(Ed) programmes, and 13 B.A and B.Sc programmes.
The university has five colleges for its undergraduate programmes and a postgraduate college.
- College of Specialised and Professional Education (COSPED)
- College of Science and Information Technology (COSIT)
- College of Humanities (COHUM)
- College of Social and Management Sciences (COSMAS)
- College of Vocational and Technology Education (COVTED)
- The Postgraduate College (TPC)
To be part of the illustrious Tai Solarin University of Education community is no small feat. It requires dedication, ambition, and, most importantly, preparation. Ensure you meet the 140 mark threshold to pave your path toward academic success in this esteemed institution.
Courses / Departments in TASUED
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Business Education
- Computer Science
- Counseling and Psychology
- Early Childhood Education
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Sociology
- Education and Yoruba
- Educational Management
- English Language
- Fine Art
- Fine Art / Fine and Applied Arts
- Geography and Environmental Management
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- History and Diplomatic Studies
- Home Economics and Hotel Management and Education
- Human Kinetics
- Islamic Studies
- Library and Information Science
- Political Science
- Secretarial Administration
- Social Studies
- Teacher Education Science
- Technical Education
- Transport Planning and Management Education (TPM)
- Vocational and Technical Education
- Management And Education
- Education Technology
- Biology/ Education
- Chemistry/ Education
- Computer Science/ Education
- Geography & Environmental Management (GEM) / Education
- History and Diplomatic Studies/ Education
Tai Solarin University of Education School Fees Schedule
Application fees – UTME N7,200.00
Application fees –DE N10,200.00
Acceptance fees N50,000.00
Hostel fees N40,000.00
School fees N76,500.00
Tai Solarin University of Education Acceptance Fee
How much is the Tai Solarin University of Education acceptance fee? The TASUED acceptance fee is N50,000 (fifty thousand naira only) and is nonrefundable. The acceptance fee is a compulsory payment for all newly admitted students of the institution and it is not included in the school fees.
TASUED Hostel Accommodation Fee
How much is the Tai Solarin University of Education hostel accommodation fee? TASUED hostel fee is N40,000 (forty thousand naira only) per academic year. The hostel fee covers bed space and maintenance. Accommodations are available for all interested students per academic year.
Late payment of TASUED tuition fees for first-year students may either attract extra charges, inability to seat for a semester examination, or forfeit of admission.
All freshers and old students are advised to pay the Tai Solarin University school fees early at the designated banks nationwide. Payment of TASUED fees 2023 should be made within the stipulated time given by the school.
TASUED Admission Requirements
Gaining admission into an Undergraduate Programme in TASUED is basically under 2 entry method which includes the UTME entry and the Direct Entry.
A) TASUED admission requirements through UTME
To gain admission into the Tai Solarin University of Education in 2022/2023, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics, and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate who wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 120 in the JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take the TASUED post-UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study).
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
- B) TASUED admission requirements through Direct Entry:
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, the two-sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get a JAMB Direct entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
TASUED COURSE-SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
i) FOR UTME 4-YEAR PROGRAMME;
WAEC/NECO Senior School Certificate (SSC), General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O’Level), or their equivalents with credits in five (5) subjects obtained at one sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two sittings. National Technical Certificate/National Business Certificate (NTC/NBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
ii) FOR DIRECT ENTRY 3-YEAR PROGRAMME
Nigeria Certificate in Education (N.C.E.) with at least Merit in 2 core subjects, GCE A’Level, HND (for some courses) in relevant areas with at least Upper Credit, Cambridge (A level) Certificate, Academic Diploma from recognized Universities (for some courses) (in relevant areas) are required in addition to (1) for Direct Entry. Advanced National Technical/Business Certificate (ANTC, ANBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
* A credit in O’Level English language is required for all courses
SPECIAL COURSES REQUIREMENTS
- A credit in O’Level Mathematics is required for all Sciences, Vocational, and Technical and Social Science-based courses.
- Credit in Literature in English is required for English Language.
- A credit in at least one science subject is required for Mathematics.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management should have obtained credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the Ordinary Level.
- Credits in any two (2) of Geography, Economics, Government, Commerce, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge, History and Yoruba are acceptable for the study of Social Studies.
- Candidates wishing to study Counselling Psychology with teaching subject options in science and social sciences must have credit in Mathematics.
METHOD OF REGISTRATION (LOG-IN PROCEDURE)
Candidates should register online through the TASUED Admission portal (click here) admission by creating an application account with their JAMB Registration Number, which will be used to confirm their names, scores, programme, and passport from the JAMB CAPS.
NB: The www.tasued.edu.ng is the ONLY legitimate and authentic website of TASUED through which the Admission portal can be accessed.
Each candidate is required to make a payment of N2,000.00 for the screening exercise payable online with either a Master card or a VISA ATM card.
(Please print out your receipt after payment)
Candidates are required to fill out and complete the online Registration Form by providing all the required information. All applicants must use the University’s Online Result Verification System (ORVS) to submit and verify their ‘O’ level results.
Print the Screening Slip containing your colour passport photograph and screening information. The printed slip will serve as the candidate’s identification /admission card for the screening exercise.
That’s all we have for you on the topic, TASUED Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements. We hope you find whatever you’re looking for.