r2020 PTDF Scholarship: Full Application Guide
PTDF scholarship is an overseas postgraduate scholarship designed for graduates who studied oil and gas courses. PTDF is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for abroad MSc and PhD scholarships to institutions under its strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in China, France, Germany, Malaysia and UK, commencing in the 2020/2021 academic session. See the full list of sponsored courses and the Universities in Partnership with PTDF in these countries, CLICK HERE!
Immediate Benefits of PTDF Scholarship
Successful applicants will be provided with flight tickets to their country of destination, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) and the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. Also, the award will cover language classes where applicable.
How to Apply for PTDF Scholarship
- Visit the Scholarship Management Portal.
- Click on Create Applicant Account
- Fill in your name, valid email and phone number
- Submit your application
PTDF Scholarship Requirements
For Masters (MSc) Applicants:
- Applicants must have a minimum of Second Class Upper (2:1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2:2) with relevant industry experience. Also, Applicants must have academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications .
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Aspirants must be computer literature.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 O’ level credits in WAEC/NECO/GCE in relevant subjects including English Language.
- Candidates are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil and gas industry and its expected impact on national development.
For Doctorate (PhD) Applicants:
- Aspirants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Applicants must be computer literature.
- Applicants must have a minimum of Second Class Lower (2:2) in their first degree and a good second degree (MSc) certificate. Also, Applicants must have academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications
- Candidates must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection (A sample template of the proposal is available on PTDF Scholarship Management Portal.
- Aspirants must also include their master’s degree projects.
Required Documents for PTDF Scholarship Application
Applicants will be required to scan copies of the following documents and upload during their online application:
- First-degree certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/NECO results
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
PTDF Scholarship Application Rules
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are also expected to verify their NIN before starting the application (charges may apply).
- Ongoing PhD Applicants could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above;
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same category of degree, except a higher degree;
- Applicants who are in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of degree;
- Applicants interested in German Institutions should choose Abuja as their preferred interview location;
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply;
- Applicants who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Good luck in your application, don’t forget to share with your friends. Drop a comment before you leave. We would love to get a word from you!