Updated: List of Courses Offered in UNILAG & Admission Requirements
Are you an aspirant searching for the list of courses offered in University of Lagos (UNILAG) or a graduate hoping to add more feathers to your cap? This article on ”list of courses offered in UNILAG” is specially made for you. Also featuring in the article are [2020 UNILAG cut off mark, Jamb combination for all courses in UNILAG, UNILAG admission requirements, UNILAG Distance Learning, UNILAG Post UTME, UNILAG Direct Entry].
The University has 12 faculties which are the Faculties of Art, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Services, Dental Sciences, Management Sciences, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Pharmacy, Law, Sciences and Social Sciences.
List of Courses Offered in UNILAG
UNILAG Faculty of Arts
- Creative arts
- English Language
- European Languages and Integration Studies (English, French and Russian)
- History and Strategic Studies
- Linguistics, African and Asian Studies (Igbo, Yoruba, Chinese)
UNILAG Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Anatomic and Molecular Pathology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Medical Laboratory Science
UNILAG Faculty of Clinical Services
- Clinical Pathology
- Community Health and Primary Care
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Apart from Nursing, Psychiatry, Physiotherapy and Radiology, that are considered courses of their own. All other courses in this faculty are under one course; Medicine and Surgery.
UNILAG Faculty of Dentistry
- Child Dental Health
- Oral Pathology/Biology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Preventive Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
Note that in the Faculty of Dentistry, every student does all the courses but can choose to specialize in any particular department at latter years. So, it is all seen as one course; Dentistry.
UNILAG Faculty of Education
- Adult Education
- Education: Biology
- Education: Business
- Education: Chemistry
- Education: Christian Religious Studies
- Education: Early Childhood
- Education: Economics
- Education: English
- Education: French
- Education: Geography
- Education: History
- Education: Home Economics
- Education: Integrated Science
- Education: Islamic Religious Studies
- Education: Igbo
- Education: Mathematics
- Education: Physics
- Education: Technology
- Education: Yoruba
- Educational Administration
- Educational Foundations
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
UNILAG Faculty of Engineering
- Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Surveying and Geoinformatics Engineering
- Systems Engineering
UNILAG Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Building Technology
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
UNILAG Faculty of Law
UNILAG Faculty of Management Sciences
- Actuarial Science
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
UNILAG Faculty of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Clinical Pharmacy and Bio-pharmacy
Note that in the Faculty of Pharmacy, every student does all the courses but can choose to specialize in any particular department at latter years. So, it is all seen as one course; Pharmacy.
UNILAG Faculty of Science
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Computer Science
- Marine Biology
UNILAG Faculty of Social Sciences
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Social Work
UNILAG Distance Learning Institute Courses
Yes, University of Lagos also has a Distance Learning Institute (DLI) that offers weekly programs. The DLI available courses are listed below:
- Business Administration
- Library Information Service
UNILAG Admission Requirements
To gain admission into UNILAG, you must meet the following requirements:
- The JAMB cut off mark is 200. The higher your JAMB score, the higher your chances of getting into the University.
- Three (3) A’ level credit passes in relevant subjects. This is for Direct Entry Students.
- Five (5) O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language. This is for UTME candidates.
- Candidate must be sixteen (16) years of age by 31st October of the admission year.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 50% in the post UTME screening to be considered for admission.
The Great UNILAG!
It would be safe to say that every undergraduate and even JAMB aspirant in Nigeria has heard of the University of Lagos, popularly known as, UNILAG. The institution has been around since 1962 and since then, has not failed to uphold educational standards in Nigeria. According to the National University Commission’s (NUC) University Ranking for 2019, UNILAG is number six (6) in the entire Nigeria.
We hope this article has been helpful. Ensure to leave a comment in the comment section below!