All About Agricultural Engineering and Nigerian Universities that Offer it
Animal and Crop farming is one of the oldest professions in the world. As time passes, more and more discoveries are made and as a result, many more improvements such as mechanized farming, irrigation and vertical farming are made in agriculture that makes the processes more efficient. Bioresources and Agricultural Engineering is aimed at increasing total agricultural yield by applying biology and engineering knowledge to agricultural and biological systems and tools for a safe, efficient and eco-friendly production, processing and management of Agricultural produce for an ever-increasing world population.
Nigerian Universities have identified that there is a need for such skills and as such, have included it as a department in Faculties of Engineering / Agriculture as an undergraduate degree. Bioresources and Agricultural Engineering is a 5-year course.
The Updated list of Nigerian Universities Offering Bioresources and Agricultural Engineering
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State (AU)
- Ahmadu Bello Unversity, Zaria, Kaduna State (ABU)
- American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa (AUN)
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Ikot Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State (AKSU)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State (BASU)
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State (BUK)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu, Enugu State (ESUT)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State (FUNAAB)
- Federal University of Agriculture, Markurdi, Benue State (FUAM)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State (FUTA)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State (FUTMINNA)
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State (FUTO)
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State (IMSU)
- Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State (KWASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho, Oyo State (LAUTECH)
- Landmark University, Omu Aran, Kwara State (LMU)
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State (MOUAU)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State (MAUTECH)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State (UNIZIK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile- Ife, Osun State (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State (OOU)
- Taraba State University, Jalingo, Taraba State (TASU)
- University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State (UNIBEN)
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State (UNILORIN)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State (UNN)
- University of Uyo, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (UNIUYO)
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State (YSU)
This particular course comes in various forms such as Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering, Agricultural and Biosystem engineering and Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
Entry Requirements for Agricultural Engineering
Candidates are required to have a minimum of 5 credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other related course such as Agricultural Science, Metal Work, Woodwork, Technical drawing.
Jamb Cut Off Mark:
Federal Universities: 200
State and Private Universities: 180
Note that JAMB cut off mark is totally dependent on the school’s benchmark for admission. The standard cut off mark is what is shared above.
We do hope this article was useful to you. You can check around for other related articles!