UNIUYO Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements
If you’re an applicant who is interested in the UNIUYO Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements, then this information is for you.
The University of Uyo is located in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. The university was formerly known as the University of Cross River State, Uyo.
On 1 October 1991, the Federal government of Nigeria established it as a Federal University, and the name was changed to the University of Uyo. The university inherited students, staff, academic programmes, and the entire facilities of the erstwhile University of Cross River State.
Academic activities commenced during the 1991/92 academic session. The University of Uyo has 13 faculties, the postgraduate school and the school of Continuing Education. Established by Cross River State in 1983.
The faculties are as follows:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Communication and Media Studies
- Faculty of Vocational Education
Courses / Departments in UNIUYO
- Accountancy / Accounting
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Animal Science
- Banking and Finance
- Botany And Ecological Studies
- Business Education
- Business Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Communication Arts
- Computer Education
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Crop Science
- Curriculum Studies
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Education / Fine Art
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Economics
- Education and Efik / Ibibio
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Music
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Science
- Education and Social Science
- Education and Social Studies
- Education Arts
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- English Language
- Estate Management
- Fine And Industrial Arts
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Fisheries And Aquatic Environment Management
- Food Engineering
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry And Wildlife
- Geography and Regional Planning
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- History and International Studies
- Home Economics
- Home Economics and Education
- Human Anatomy
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Industrial Technology Education
- Land Surveying And Geo-Informatics
- Library Science
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing / Nursing Science
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Pre-Primary and Primary Education
- Quantity Surveying
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Soil Science
- Special Education
- Teacher Education Science
- Technical Education
- Theatre Arts
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Educational Technology
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Radiography And Radiation Science
- Agricultural Education
UNIUYO Cutoff Marks
The JAMB cut-off mark at the University of Uyo for the 2023/2024 academic session is 180.
Eligible applicants who get up to 180 are automatically eligible for the UNIUYO internal screening exercise, but you have to know, that the higher your JAMB score, the higher your chances of clinching the course registered in your UTME.
UNIUYO Departmental Cut-Off Mark
The departmental cut-off mark is the minimum cut-off mark for admission into various departments in a particular University.
The University of Uyo management has not yet released her departmental cut-off marks. However, the UNIUYO cut-off mark for all departments will be available later after the screening exercise for the school has been conducted.
N/B: It is very easy to obtain admission if one has met the required cut-off mark for admission into a particular course.
Below are the Faculty/Department of the school as well as their required JAMB Cut-Off Mark;
A) Faculty of Management Sciences
Accounting 260 and above
Insurance 230 and above
Marketing 230 and above
B) Faculty of Agriculture
Agric-Economics And Extension 240 and above
Agriculture 240 and above
Animal Science 240 and above
Fisheries And Aquaculture 240 and above
Fisheries And Aquatic 240 and above
Environment Management 240 and above
Food Science And Technology 240 and above
Forestry And Wildlife 240 and above
Home Economics 220 and above
Soil Science 240 and above
C) Faculty of Arts
Efik-Ibibio 140 and above
English Language 200 and above
Fine And Industrial Arts 180 and above
French 140 and above
History And International Studies 240 and above
Linguistics 220 and above
Music 140 and above
Philosophy 140 and above
Religious And Cultural Studies 140 and above
Theatre Arts 200 and above
D) Faculty of Education
Accounting Education 220 and above
Agricultural Science And Education 220 and above
Business Education 220 and above
Computer Education 220 and above
Curriculum Studies 220 and above
Education & Economics 220 and above
Education & Mathematics 220 and above
Education & Music 220 and above
Education & Physics 220 and above
Education & Religious Studies 220 and above
Education & Social Science 220 and above
Education And Biology 220 and above
Education And Chemistry 220 and above
Education And Efik/Ibibio 220 and above
Education And English Language 220 and above
Education And French 220 and above
Education And Geography 220 and above
Education And History 220 and above
Education And Integrated Science 220 and above
Education And Political Science 220 and above
Education And Science 220 and above
Education And Social Studies 220 and above
Education Arts 220 and above
Education Fine Arts 220 and above
Guidance & Counseling 220 and above
Health Education 220 and above
Home Economics And Education 220 and above
Library Science 220 and above
Physical Education 220 and above
Pre-Primary And Primary Education 220 and above
Special Education 220 and above
Technical Education 220 and above
Vocational Education 220 and above
E) Faculty of Engineering/Tech/Env
Agricultural Engineering 230 and above
Architecture 230 and above
Chemical Engineering 260 and above
Civil Engineering 260 and above
Computer Engineering 260 and above
Electrical /Electronics Engineering 260 and above
Food Engineering 250 and above
Geography And Regional Planning 220 and above
Land Surveying And Geoinformatics 220 and above
Mechanical Engineering 265 and above
Petroleum Engineering 270 and above
Quantity Surveying 230 and above
F) Faculty of Law
Law 260 and above
G) School of Medical/Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences
Human Anatomy 260 and above
Medicine And Surgery 270 and above
Pharmacy 260 and above
Physiology 260 and above
H) Faculty of Sciences
Biochemistry 240 and above
Botany And Ecological Studies 240 and above
Chemistry 240 and above
Computer Science 240 and above
Mathematics 240 and above
Microbiology 240 and above
Physics 240 and above
Statistics 240 and above
Zoology 240 and above
I) Faculty of Social Sciences
Economics 250 and above
Mass Communication 250 and above
Political Science 220 and above
Psychology 200 and above
Sociology And Anthropology 200 and above
UNIUYO School Fees
UNIUYO ACCEPTANCE FEE 2023/2024
The University of Uyo Acceptance Fee for the 2023/2024 Academic Session is N25,000 [Twenty-Five Thousand Naira Only]. This fee is non-refundable and mandatory for every UNIUYO 100L student.
UNIUYO School Fees for Fresh and Returning Students 2023/2024
|S/N||ITEMS||NEW STUDENTS||RETURNING STUDENTS|
|4.||Tertiary Institution Social Health Insurance Programme (TISHIP)||N2,000||N2,000|
|5.||Student Handbook||N 500||NIL|
|6.||Student Union Dues||N 500||N 500|
|7.||Games/Sport||N 700||N 700|
|9.||General Studies Registration Handbook||N3,250||N1,000|
|10.||Student Union Constitution/Books||N 400||NIL|
|12.||Personal Accident Insurance Scheme||N 400||N 400|
|14.||Laboratory (For Science and Science Related Courses students)||N2,000||N2,000|
|16.||Screening/Verification of Results||N1,000||NIL|
|17.||University Calendar||N 500||NIL|
|18.||Clinical Fees (Pharmacy/Medical Students)||N5,000||N2,500|
|19.||Workshop fees (Engineering and Environmental Studies)||N2,000||N2,000|
|20.||Production Fees/Studio (Communication Arts, Theatre Arts, Music)||N5,000||N5,000|
|OTHER SUNDRY CHARGES|
Accommodation/Bed Space *
|N 500||N 500|
|Entrepreneurial Studies I 8i II **||N2,000||N2,000|
|Hostel Maintenance *||N8,000||N8,000|
|Clinical Students Hostel Charges ***||NIL||N20,000|
|*||Payable by those given hostel accommodation.|
|**||Payable by 200 Level UTME students and new Direct Entry students only.|
|***||Payable by Clinical students given hostel accommodation.|
UNIUYO school fees for newly admitted students add up to about N70,000 (Seventy thousand naira only). N60,000 (Sixty thousand naira only) for returning students.
UNIUYO Admission Requirements
University of Uyo as specified by JAMB with regards to the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE). The University of Uyo Admission Requirements for candidates seeking admission into Undergraduate Programmes and other key points such as Deferment of Admission and Suspension of Studies, will also be outlined in this article.
A) Admission Criteria For Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Candidates:
Prospective candidates seeking admission into the University of Uyo through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are expected to meet the following requirements;
»West African School Certificate, General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) or Senior Secondary School Certificate with at least credit passes in five subjects, including the English Language at not more than two sittings or equivalent qualifications (e.g. Merit in Teacher’s Grade II Certificate in approved subjects is recognized as equivalent to credit in the Senior Secondary School Certificate).
»A satisfactory performance in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
» A satisfactory performance in the Post-UTME Screening Exercise conducted by the University of Uyo (Uniuyo).
B) Admission Criteria for Direct Entry (DE) Candidates:
Prospective candidates seeking admission into the University of Uyo through Direct Entry are expected to possess, in addition to ordinary-level requirements, one of the following;
- »General Certificate of Education at Advanced Level in at least two relevant subjects.
- »Ordinary National Diploma (OND) at Upper/Lower Credit level from recognized institutions.
- »Higher National Diploma (HND) at Upper/Lower Credit level from recognized institutions.
- »Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with a minimum of merit in the relevant subject(s) from recognized institutions.
- »Bachelor’s degree from recognized institutions.
Joint Action and Matriculation Board (JAMB) must be met by prospective candidates.
Admission Criteria for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB.BS) Degree In Uniuyo
Admission into the MB.BS Degree Programme is done either through the competitive JAMB examination, using accepted JAMB criteria for a six-year programme; or by Direct Entry for a given year programme for candidates with AI Level GC/HSC or a good class degree in the Sciences.
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination:
Prospective candidates seeking admission through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), should possess a credit pass in five subjects in the SSCE/equivalent examination at not more than 2 sittings of each or any combination of the examinations; in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English Language are mandatory requirements.
Direct Entry Candidates
Prospective candidates seeking admission through the Direct Entry option should possess good grades in the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or Zoology, plus a credit pass in the English Language at WASCE or an equivalent examination; or a good class degree in the Sciences plus a credit pass in the English Language at WASCE or an equivalent examination.
Admission Criteria For the University of Uyo (Uniuyo) Sandwich Programme
Only holders of the following qualifications are eligible to apply for admission into the University of Uyo Sandwich Programme:
- »NCE with a minimum of seven (7) points and above in Education and the teaching subjects.
- »OND in relevant programmes.
- »General Nursing and Midwifery and Psychiatry Nursing with at least three (3) years post-qualification experience may be eligible for admission for Health Education.
- »Candidates with (i) or (ii) above must, in addition, possess five (5) subjects at GCE (O/L), NECO/WASC/TC II, SSC including English Language at not more than two sittings and any other specific departmental requirement.
- »Programmes in Sciences, Vocational Education, and Library Science require a credit pass in Mathematics. Holders of Diploma in Library Science with at least Lower Credit are also eligible for admission into BLIS Library & Information Science
Note: A credit pass in Chemistry is a requirement for candidates intending to offer Home Economics Education and Agricultural Education.
Duration of the programme
Candidates will complete the programme in five years (slots) of nine (9) weeks each.
Admission Criteria Into University of Uyo School of Continuing Education Part-Time Undergraduate Programmes
- »Candidates should possess (WASC/NECO/GCE) or their equivalent with credit passes in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings, including English Language and other specific Departmental and Faculty requirements as specified in the JAMB brochure.
- »Candidates are expected to score a minimum of 180 and above in the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- »All candidates applying for admission into any of the Undergraduate Programmes must possess the academic qualifications specified by the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board for the subject of choice.
- »Candidates are expected to undergo the University of Uyo qualification screening exercise.
- »Undergraduate programmes run for five (5) years for UTME candidates and four (4) years for Direct Entry candidates, except in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension which runs for six (6) years for UTME and five (5) years for Direct Entry candidates, respectively.
Criteria for Deferment of Admission to the University of Uyo (Uniuyo)
A candidate who seeks to defer his/her admission for whatever shortcomings must meet the outline requirement for the request/application to be approved by the University Senate.
1) Must have appeared for screening and was found qualified for registration in the Department into which he was offered admission;
2) Must have formally accepted the admission and paid the Acceptance fee;
3) Must have one of the following reasons for deferment:
(a) financial constraint
(b) ill-health, in which case, he must submit a Medical Report authenticated by the Director of Health Services of the University.
(c) Non-release by employer
(d) family problem
The University of Uyo stipulates that under no circumstance should a candidate defer admission to make up for deficiency in admission requirements.
Criteria for Suspension of Studies In the University of Uyo
A registered and matriculated student of the University of Uyo can suspend his/her studies under the following conditions:
1) The student must have undergone screening, got registered and commenced studies for a period of time;
2) The student must have proffered the following reasons:
(a) financial constraint
3) The suspension of studies should normally be for a maximum period of one academic year in the first instance.
4) The application for suspension of studies should be submitted through the Head of Department to the Dean of Faculty.
5) The Faculty Board should deliberate on it and make a recommendation to the Senate through the Business Committee of the Senate.
That’s all we have for you on the topic of UNIUYO Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements. If you want additional, you can visit the school website.