UNIBEN Part-Time Undergraduate Degree Admission 2023
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) is now accepting applications for its part-time undergraduate Degree Programmes for the academic year 2022/2023. This post provides crucial information about the offered courses, admission requirements, and the application process.
UNIBEN offers a variety of B.A. and B.Sc. courses, including Mass Communication, Computer Science, English and literature, and more listed below
- B.A. (English and Literature)
- B.A. (International Studies and Diplomacy)
- B.A. (Mass Communication)
- B.A. (Ed) (Adult Education)
- B.A. (Ed) (Adult Education, English & Literature)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Adult Education, Economics and Statistics)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Adult Education, Political Science)
- B.A. (Ed) (History)
- B.A. (Ed) (French)
- B.A. (Ed) (Fine Arts)
- B.A. (Ed) (Edo Language)
- B.A. (Ed) (Religious Studies)
- B.A. (Ed) (Eng. & Literature)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Biology)
- B.Sc (Ed) (Chemistry)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Computer Science)
- B.Sc (Ed) (Integrated Science)
- B.Sc (Ed) (Mathematics)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Physics)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Social Studies)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Human Kinetics)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Health Education)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Environmental Education)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Economics & Statistics)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Geography & Regional Planning)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Political Science)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Educational Management)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Library and Information Science)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Childhood and Primary Education)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Agricultural Education)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Business Education with options in Accounting Education and Office Technology and Management)
- B.Sc. (Ed) (Home Economics Education)
- B.Sc (Ed) (Industrial and Technical Education with options in Automobile, Electrical/Electronics, Building/Woodwork and Metal Work Technology)
- B.Sc. (Accounting)
- B.Sc. (Banking and Finance)
- B.Sc. (Industrial Physics)
- B.Sc. (Computer Science)
- B.Sc. (Statistics)
- B.Sc. (Public Administration)
- B.Sc. (Political Science)
- B.Sc. (Social Work)
These courses span a wide range of disciplines, providing opportunities for students to pursue their academic interests and career goals in various fields of study.
The admission requirements for the University of Benin (UNIBEN) may vary depending on the specific programme and level of study.
However, there are some general requirements that apply to most undergraduate programmes. Keep in mind that it’s always best to consult the official UNIBEN website or contact the university’s admissions office for the most up-to-date and specific information.
Here are the typical admission requirements for undergraduate programmes at UNIBEN:
- O’Level Results: Candidates are usually required to have at least five credit passes in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English Language, at not more than two sittings in a recognized examination (e.g., WAEC, NECO, GCE).
- UTME/JAMB Score: Prospective students are typically required to meet the minimum UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) score set by JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) for the chosen programme.
- Post-UME/Post-UTME Screening: Some programmes may require candidates to participate in a post-UTME screening exercise conducted by the university. This often involves a written test or interview.
- Direct Entry (DE) Requirements: For candidates seeking admission into a higher level (i.e., 200 level or beyond), through Direct Entry, the following may apply:
– A minimum of two A-Level passes or equivalent in relevant subjects.
– NCE (National Certificate in Education) with merit passes in relevant subjects.
– National Diploma (ND) from a recognized institution.
- Age Requirement: Candidates are usually required to be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Specific Programme Requirements: Some programmes may have specific subject prerequisites or additional requirements. For example, certain science or engineering programmes may require candidates to have credit passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics.
- Submission of Academic Transcripts: For Direct Entry applicants, it may be necessary to submit official transcripts from previous institutions attended.
- Medical Fitness: Candidates may be required to provide evidence of medical fitness for academic activities.
- Character Certificate: A certificate of good conduct or character reference may be required.
- Other Documentation: Depending on the programme and specific circumstances, other documents like birth certificates, passport photographs, and identification may be required.
It’s crucial to note that these requirements are subject to change and may be different for different programmes and faculties within the university.
Therefore, it’s highly recommended that prospective students check the official UNIBEN website or contact the admissions office directly for the most current and specific information regarding admission requirements.
- Application Portal:
– Visit the UNIBEN website or click here
– Navigate to the Student Portal and select the waeup portal or click here.
– Choose the Part-Time Studies Application 2022/2023 option to begin the application.
- Application Fee:
– The application fee for diploma programmes is N12,500 (plus N2,000 for portal services).
– Payment can be made through Remita using Visa or Mastercard.
- Photo Specifications
– Upload a recent 1×1 color passport photo with a red background in JPEG format. This photo will serve as the primary ID for admitted students.
- Final Review:
– Carefully review all information before final submission. No corrections will be accepted after the closing date.
- Acknowledgment Slip:
– After submission, print out the confirmation slip containing your details.
The use of GSM phones and calculators during the application process is strictly prohibited.
All applications must be submitted on or before September 30th, 2023.
Certain programmes may require a computer-based entrance exam. However, admissions into others are determined by Senate-approved general requirements. Candidates must also complete biometrics registration at a JAMB approved Centre for a thorough admission process (fee: N3500).
The University of Benin, with NUC endorsement, offers a diverse range of part-time degree programmes, including B.A. (English and Literature), B.Sc. (Computer Science), B.Sc. (Statistics), and many more.
UNIBEN Part-Time Degree Admission 2023 Requirements:
To be eligible for UNIBEN’s part-time degree programmes, candidates must satisfy both the general university admission requirements and those specific to their chosen faculties.
The UNIBEN Part-Time Degree Admission for 2023 provides a platform for individuals to pursue higher education while managing other commitments. We wish all prospective candidates the best of luck!