NOUN Admission Requirements 2023/2024 And How To Apply
Are you a candidate seeking information about the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)? Then please hold tight as we offer you all the juices about the NOUN Admission requirements for 2023/2024 and how to apply for it.
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is a distance learning Institution that was first hatched on the 22nd of July 1983.
It was later suspended by the Government on the 25th of April 1984, before it was revived on the 12th of April 2001. Its pioneer student enrollment was 32,400.
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) as we have it today has grown to become a leading ODL institution in Africa providing functional, flexible, accessible, and cost-effective education for all who seek knowledge.
It currently has 78 Study Centres spread across the six geo-political zones of the country. The current student population stands at over five hundred thousand.
The University offers exceptional academic programmes that meet the specific needs of all sectors of the global economy, in the Arts; Health; Law; Physical, Social, Agricultural, and Management Sciences.
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) was established with the aim of providing educational opportunities to those who cannot attend a traditional university, providing students with chances to acquire higher education without having to physically attend classes.
Again, known for its affordable fee structure. This talked-about Institution made sure that education is accessible and available to everyone by setting its tuition fees significantly lower than other universities. This means that students can pursue their studies without wrecking their banks.
NOUN Admission Requirements 2023/2024
1) An applicant for undergraduate admission into NOUN is expected to have a minimum of 5 O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
2) Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry level at the Faculty’s admission page.
3) To apply for a programme, select the Faculty and choose the programme and entry-level to enable the ‘View Requirement’ button.
Clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the ‘Apply’ button on the pre-payment application page.
4) Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
5) On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you are redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which should be used to effect payment for the application form.
6) An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled out before submission.
7)Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on “Continue After Payment” and enter their Unique ID and RRR. They are also given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
8) Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
9) In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous!
1) To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics.
Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
2) For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a University recognized by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit.
For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the School of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes; candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc. may be considered on individual merit.
3) For Master’s degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recognized by the Senate of the NOUN.
However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in a related field of study from a recognized University.
Considerations can also be made for a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidates with membership certificates from relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
4) For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a master’s degree in the relevant field of study from a University recognized by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
NOUN Online Enrollment Or Application:
If you plan on enrolling at The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) in 2023, then you should know that the process is quick and easy. All you need to do is follow the below-listed procedures;
1) Visit the NOUN school site or click here
2) On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on ‘Apply for Admission’
3) Select either an Undergraduate Programme or a Postgraduate Programme. Other programmes are not available at the moment
4) Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found on the left-hand side of the screen.
5) Select ‘Faculty’
6)Fill displayed form
7) Click below to view admission criteria
8) Click “Apply” to proceed.
9) Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
10) Click ‘Continue’ button
11)Select the Bank Branch as the payment type
12) Click “Pay”
13) Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
1) Perform steps 1 to 3
2) Goto “Continue After Payment”
3) Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme
4) Click “Proceed”
5) Fill Form.
Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.
After Filling Form;
1) Click “Submit”
2) Print Admission Letter
3) Visit the nearest study center for screening
Thanks for reading!!