Borno State University Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks And Requirements
Are you an applicant interested in Borno State University Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements? Then this write-up will be valuable to you.
About Borno State University
Borno State University is in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. It was established in 2016.
The noble idea to establish a State University in Borno State was first thought of by the administration of Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff which was actualized by Honorable Kashim Shettima, the former Executive Governor of Borno State. The Government clearly expressed its determination to provide sound and qualitative education in the state.
It aimed at establishing a good tertiary institution for thousands of our Senior Secondary School Certificate holders at a time of stiff competition for admissions into institutions of higher learning to which Borno State is a catchment area and host community.
It has five faculties with over 20 departments.
The pioneer and current vice chancellor of the university is Prof. Umar Kyari Sandabe. In June 2021, the university’s senate building was inaugurated by Muhammadu Buhari the current president of Nigeria.
List of Courses in Borno State University
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Business Administration
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminology And Security Studies
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Educational Management
- English Language
- Guidance and Counseling
- Islamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Mass Communication
- Peace Studies And Conflict Resolution
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Teacher Education Science
Borno State University School Fees For New Students
Another necessary piece of information you should know is the school fees of your prospective school. So, here is the list of school fees for new students in BOSU.
|4||B.A Islamic Studies||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|5||B.Ed Educational Management||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|6||B.Ed Guidance & Counselling||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|8||B.A Education/Islamic Studies||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|9||B.A (Ed ) Education/Economic||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|12||B.Sc.(Ed ) Education/Mathematics||N28,800||N48,800||N128,800|
|13||B Sc. (Ed.) Education/Physics||N28,800||N48,800||N128,800|
|14||BSc.(Ed.) Education/Computer Science||N28,800||N48,800||N128,800|
|15||B Sc. Accounting||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|16||B Sc Business Administration||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|17||B. Sc. Economics||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|18||B Sc Geography||N27,800||N47,800||N127,800|
|19||B Sc Mass Commnunlcaton||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|20||B. 5c Political Science||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|21||B. Sc. Sociology||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|22||B Sc. Criminology and Security Studies||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|23||B. Sc Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|24||B Sc. Public Administration||N25,800||N45,800||N125,800|
|25||B. Sc Physics||N28,800||N48,800||N128,800|
|26||B. Sc Computer Science||N28,800||N48,800||N128,800|
|27||B. Sc Mathematics||N28,800||N48,800||N128,800|
|28||B. Sc Statistics||N28,800||N48,800||N128,800|
|29||B. Sc Chemistry||N28,800||N48,800||N128,800|
|31||B Sc Plant Science and Biotechnology||N30,800||N50,800||N130,800|
|32||B.Sc. Animal & Environmental Biology||N30,800||N50,800||N130,800|
- Laboratory/Studio Fees/: (Science Education and Mass Communication Students) – N3,000
- Accommodation (Only students willing to stay on Campus) – N25,000.00
- Teaching Practice (Education Students only) – N1,500
- Late Registration (Defaulting students only) – N5,000
Guidelines to pay for the scheduled school fees are here below:
Follow the guidelines on how to make the payment online
- First of all, Visit the School Portal by clicking here
- After going into the school’s site, click on the Student menu, options will be displayed, you select the “Make Payment” option displayed there.
- You will be redirected to the school’s site, which is: http://portals.bosu.edu.ng/.
- More options will be displayed, look for “Register Now” afterward, select “Admission”
- Your Jamb reg number will be needed, key in your “Jamb Reg Number” and then click on the verify button.
- When you click on the verify button, click on the “School fees” button, and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Another option will be displayed, click on the “Full Payment” button.
- When you get to the next stage, click on the “Print” button, which will be printed out, which has your pre-payment analysis.
- After printing the Analysis slip, click on the “Payment” button. Make your school fee payment through E-transact online payment.
when making your payment, include your scheduled school fees, your course Registration fee, which is for General Studies (GSS), and finally the bank transaction charges.
- When making a payment, options will be displayed for payment mood, select “Pay at Bank”.
- A list of all banks will be displayed when you click on the “Continue” button.
- The Acknowledgement slip which has all your transaction details will be displayed.
- When it displays, click on the “Print Acknowledgement slip”, and it will print out the slip.
- The printed acknowledgment slip contains all the banks you could use, and visit any of them.
- When you get to the bank, Present the Acknowledgment slip to the bank teller, they will accept the payment in cash, and they will give you an e-transact e-payment receipt.
- Get to the school bursary department, present it to the bursar, and get the school’s official Receipt.
BOSU 2023/2024 Cut Off Mark[Jamb/Departmental]
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board[JAMB] official cutoff mark for the 2022/2023 admission screening exercise is 140. Institutions have been allowed to set their score to be as high as 220 and the management of BOSU has made 150 its official cutoff mark.
Some departments have a higher cutoff mark and some of the departments not using 140 as their official cutoff mark include:
|Plant Science & Biotechnology||150|
|Animal & Environmental Biology||150|
|Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution||150|
|Criminology & Security Studies||150|
BOSU Admission Requirements
BOSU Admission Requirements by UTME
For admission to BOSU in 2023 UTME applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have reached the age of 16.
- Applicants must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (credits)” in their O’level result(s). This must include English, Math, and three other subjects related to their curriculum. For example, a candidate who wants to study law must have a “C” in English, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and Literature in English.
- Applicants must score at least 160 points in the JAMB UTME exam
- Candidates must take the BOSU post-UTME screening exam and do very well in the exam (depending on the program of study)
- No more than one sitting result is accepted for admission to BOSU
- Candidates must choose the appropriate combination of subjects for their subject. Finally, applicants must meet the specified cut-off points for their courses to gain admission to the university.
BOSU Admission Requirements by Direct Entry
Candidates seeking direct admission to BOSU must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in their O’level results. This must include English language and math. However, the results of two sessions are not allowed.
- Applicants must also be 16 years old. Applicants must obtain the JAMB registration form directly from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates must have one of the following certificates:
OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
The admission process begins with purchasing an application form, either online or directly from the university. You must complete the form with accurate information and submit it before the deadline, along with copies of your educational certificates and a passport photograph.
That’s all we have for you on Borno State University Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements. Good luck with your academics.