Al-Qalam University Courses, School Fees Cutoff Marks And Requirements
This information is for applicants seeking info about the Al-Qalam University Courses, School Fees Cutoff Marks, and Requirements.
About AUK Katsina
Al-Qalam University, Katsina (AUK), formerly known as Katsina University, Katsina (KUK) is located in Dutsinma Road, Katsina State. Established in 2005, it is the first private Islamic institution in Nigeria.
The University currently runs six schools/colleges: The College of Social and Management Sciences, College of Natural and Applied Sciences, College of Education, College of Humanities, College of Post Graduate Studies, and School of Basic and Remedial Studies.
It awards 22 undergraduate degrees (among which five courses offer both full-time and part-time programs), 11 master’s programs, and nine Ph.D. programmes, all accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Courses / Departments in AUK
- Arabic Studies
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Education and Arabic
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and English Language
- Education and Hausa
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- English Language
- Islamic Studies
- Political Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Software Engineering
- Teacher Education Science
AUK Katsina School Fees Schedule
|TUITION FEES FOR FRESH STUDENTS|
|1. Natural and Applied Sciences/B.Sc Education||N180,000|
|2. Social and Management Sciences||N150,000|
|3. Humanities/B. Education||N150,000|
|HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION FEES|
|1. Accommodation within the Campus||N30,000|
|2. Accommodation outside the Campus||N35,000|
Al-Qalam University Katsina School Fees For Postgraduate Students 2023/2024
However, the review of registration fees for post-graduate students is as follows:
- College of Education
- Education 312,000.00 520,000.00
- Education sciences 416,000.00 676,000.00
- Education humanities 364,000.00 624,000.00
- Education humanities 312,000.00 520,000.00
- College of Humanities 312,000.00 520,000.00
- Social & management science 364,000.00 624,000.00
- Natural & Applied science 416,000.00 676,000.00
Postgraduate Diploma (ALL Colleges) 260,000.00
Master –Professional (S M S) 416,000.00
Development levy (Compulsory) 10,000.00
NB: Payment should be made through the University’s portal
If you are running a part-time postgraduate study, you might be paying up to (₦450,000). Again, this depends on the course of study.
AUK Katsina Cutoff Mark
The official UTME cutoff mark to be used by AUK for the admission of the 2023/2024 academic session is 160. This means that applicants who have scored a total score of 160 can successfully be considered for admission.
AUK Departmental Cutoff Mark
As of the last 2020/2021 admission year, the AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY post-UTME cutoff mark was 50%. That is, candidates who scored at least 50 over 100 in the post-UTME screening were eligible to be considered for admission.
See the AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY post-UTME cutoff mark for the last 2020/2021 admission year below. this will give you a clue of what I was explaining above.
|COURSES||JAMB CUTOFF MARK|
|Faculty of Natural and Applied Science||160|
|Faculty of Humanities||160|
|Faculty of Social and Management Science||160|
|Faculty of Education||160|
Please be reminded that getting the above-mentioned cutoff marks can only guarantee you consideration for admission and may not guarantee you admission because of some competitive courses.
It is therefore advisable to score well above these cutoff marks to be guaranteed admission.
AUK Katsina Admission Requirements
- Interested candidates must have five (5) credit passes in the SSCE (WAEC or NECO) at one sitting, or six (6) credit passes at not more than 2 sittings in English Language, Mathematics, and other subjects relevant to the course of study. Candidates are also to note that other requirements may be specific to a College and/or a Programme.
- Candidates applying to the Al-Qalam University Katsina are expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attain the National aggregate score. This is a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian Universities. Candidates are required to apply for programmes of their choice by completing the JAMB Registration Forms. They are to ensure that their UTME subject combination qualifies them for their chosen programmes.
- In addition, candidates must complete the online Application Form of the University on this portal. No admission into the Al-Qalam University is possible without participation in the University screening exercise, and attainment of the required standard for admission into the University.
- Generally, prospective candidates/students into 200 Level (Direct Entry) would need to satisfy the following requirements before they are offered admission to the Al-Qalam University Katsina:
- Candidates should have at least five (5) credit passes in the SSCE (WAEC/NECO) in one sitting, or six (6) credit passes at not more than 2 sittings in English Language, Mathematics, and other subjects relevant to the course of study. Candidates are also to note that other requirements may be specific to a College and/or a Programme
- Obtain at least two 2 A’ Level passes at GCE or its equivalent in relevant subjects. Holders of OND/ND with an Upper Credit pass or NCE with an overall Credit Pass are eligible for admission to the 200 Level of the relevant programmes, provided that such candidates also satisfy the requirements for admission through UTME.
That’s all we have for you on Al-Qalam University Courses, School Fees Cutoff Marks And Requirements.
We hope you get all the information that you’re searching for.