Rivers State College Of Health Science And Management Technology, Courses, Admission Requirements
This is great information for applicants interested in learning about the Rivers State College Of Health Science And Management Technology, courses, admission Requirements, and Application Guidelines.
The RSCHST admission process for the 2023/2024 academic session has taken off. Please take time to scan through this write-up for appropriate information.
About Rivers State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology
Rivers State College of Health Science and Management Technology is a public higher education institution in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. It was established under the College of Health Science and Technology Law (2001).
It consists of the School of Health Technology, School of Public Health Nursing, School of Nursing, and School of Midwifery.
The College was hatched through a bill passed by the Rivers State House of Assembly and signed into law on the 17th of August 2001 by the then Executive Governor of Rivers State, His Excellency, Sir Dr. Peter Odili.
The enabling law thus brings under one administrative roof the long-existing Schools of Health Technology, Nursing, Midwifery, and Public Health Nursing. These schools have existed for over twenty (20) years.
The School of Health Technology was established in 1974 to train low and middle-level manpower for the health sector.
It existed as a unit under the Rivers State Ministry of Health and had six departments, namely:
- Environmental Health
- Community Health
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Pharmacy Technician
- Health Information Management
- Dental Surgery Technician.
The School of Public Health Nursing was established in 1979, to offer courses in Public Health Nursing and Community Health Officers programs. The School of Nursing was established in 1970 to train Nurses.
The School of Midwifery was also established in 1970 to train Midwives registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Under the new administrative structure, the departments in the former School of Health Technology are now run as schools. This brings the total number of schools in the College to ten(10), each headed by a Director of School.
To be one of Nigeria’s Outstanding Colleges in Health Science and Technology, for the training of efficient, self-reliant, and enterprising manpower to meet the challenges of contemporary health care delivery services.
To create, preserve, and communicate knowledge in health science and technology and thereby, contribute to the enhancement of the well-being of the people of Rivers State, Nigeria, and the world.
Facts about Rivers State College Of Health Science And Management Technology, Courses, Admission Requirements
Programmes In RSCHST
- School of Environmental Health
Environmental Health Technology (Higher Diploma)
Environmental Health Technology (National Diploma)
Environmental Health Technician
Pest Control Management Technician Programme
- School of Community Health
Community Health Extension Work
Emergency Medical Technician (Paramedics)
Dispensing Optics Technician Programme
- School of Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician Programme
- School of Dental Technology
Dental Health Technician Programme
Anaesthetics Technician Programme
- School of Health Information Management
Health Records Technician
Health Information Management (National Diploma)
Hospital and Health Services Administration
Office Management and Information Technology
- School of Medical Laboratory Sciences
Medical Laboratory Science Technician Programme
- School of Public Health Nursing
Public Health Nursing (Regular)
Public Health Nursing (Abridgement/Refresher Prog.)
- School of Medical Social Work
Medical Social Work.
- School of Biomedical Engineering Technology
Biomedical Engineering Technician
Biomedical Engineering Technology
- School of Medical Imaging Technology
Medical Imaging Technology
Electrocardiogram Technician Programme
Haemodialysis Technician Programme
- School of Foundation Studies
CONSULTANCY SERVICES UNIT
The unit offers the following part-time programmes:
Occupational Health and Safety
Social work and rehabilitation
Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology Admission Requirements
1) Be sure you choose a course you are passionate about and will really enjoy.
2) Applicants who are awaiting O’level results need not apply.
3) Applicants must be 16 years of age and above by September 2022.
4) Application for change of course will not be considered in view of limited admission spaces.
5) Admission into College’s certificate programmes is based on the candidate’s success in the entrance examination conducted by the College, in addition to possession of stipulated entry requirements.
1) Candidates wishing to apply for any of the programs must be 16 years of age or older by September 2023. To apply, follow the steps below:
2) Pay a non-refundable application fee of N12,000 into the College’s Zenith Bank Account (Account No: 1010771892).
3) After the payment, obtain a PIN voucher for N1,000 at the ICT office. This voucher will allow you to complete the online processing of the application form.
Applicants who successfully complete the application process will be shortlisted for an entrance examination. The date and venue of the examination will be communicated to the candidates through SMS.
Applicants are advised to bring their writing materials for the entrance examination
RSCHST School Fees
The RSCHST school fees for freshers for the 2023/2024 academic session is between N40,000 to N50,000. This excludes other charges such as departmental dues and accommodation fees.
This is all we have for you concerning the Rivers State College Of Health Science And Management Technology, courses, admission Requirements, and Application Guidelines.
If you have more questions, you can visit the school website (click here). Good luck as you make your choice.