KUST Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, And Requirements
This information is for applicants seeking info about KUST Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, and Requirements.
Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil (KUST) was created as “Kano University of Technology” (KUT) in 2001. It is located in Wudil, a Local Government in Kano State Nigeria.
The university which was known as Kano University of Technology, Wudil has been renamed as Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil in the year 2005 in conformity to the Gazette laws of the University.
It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. KUST, Wudil started with 2 faculties (Faculty of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology and Faculty of Sciences) but today there are six (6) faculties – Faculty of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (FAAT); Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Sciences (FACMS); Faculty of Earth and Environmental Sciences (FAEES); Faculty of Engineering (FAENG); Faculty of Sciences (FASSE) and Faculty of Sciences and Technical Education (FASTE).
The University also has 10 institutes and runs IJMB and remedial sciences under the Directorate of Institute and Continuing Education. The student population has risen from 88 students in 2000 to about 15,000 students.
Courses / Departments in KUST
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Automobile Technology Education
- Automotive Engineering
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Community Health
- Computer Education
- Computer Science
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Geography
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Electrical / Electronics Education
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Estate Management
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry And Wildlife Management
- Health Education
- Human Kinetics
- Library and Information Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Water Resources and Environmental Engr.
- Information And Communication Technology
- Metalwork Technology Education
- Woodwork Technology Education
- Building Technology Education
KUST School Fees for New and Returning Students 2023/2024 Academic Session
|DEPARTMENTS||SCHOOL FEES FOR INDIGENES||SCHOOL FEES FOR NON INDIGENES||SCHOOL FEES FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS|
|Agricultural Science and Education||22,800||50800||82,800|
|Education and Biology||22,800||50800||82,800|
|Education and Chemistry||22,800||50800||82,800|
|Education and Geography||22,800||50800||82,800|
|Education and Mathematics||22,800||50800||82,800|
|Education and Physics||22,800||50800||82,800|
|Food Science And Technology||22,800||50800||82,800|
|Urban and Regional Planning||22,800||50800||82,800|
KUST ACCEPTANCE FEE FOR 2023/2024
The Kano State University of Science and Technology (KUST) acceptance fee for the 2023/2024 academic session is estimated from N10,000 to N30,000. This fee is mandatory and non-refundable for every newly admitted 100L student.
KUST Cutoff Marks 2023/2024
Kano University of Science and Technology[KUST] departmental cutoff mark has been announced but before we shed more light on it, be informed about the JAMB minimum cutoff mark.
JAMB minimum cutoff mark for the 2023/2024 admission screening exercise is 140 while the departmental cutoff mark is 160 however, there are some exceptions to that. Those exceptions depend on how competitive the courses are.
The cutoff mark details are as follows:
- Architecture – 180
- Biochemistry – 180
- Biology -180
- Computer Science – 180
- Civil Engineering – 180
- Electrical Engineering – 180
- Information Communication Technology – 180
- Mechanical Engineering – 180
- Microbiology – 180
- Science Laboratory Technology – 180
- Agriculture – 160
- Agric Economics and Extension – 160
- Animal Science – 160
- Crop Science – 160
- Animal Science – 160
- Food Science Technology – 160
- Fisheries & Aquaculture – 160
- Forestry & Wildlife Management – 160
- Statistics – 160
- Mathematics – 160
- Geography – 160
- Urban & Regional Planning – 160
- Geology – 160
- Quantity Survey – 160
- Estate Management – 160
- Building Technology – 160
- Meteorology – 160
- Water Resources & Environmental Engineering- 160
- Mechatronics Engineering- 160
- Automotive Engineering- 160
- Agricultural Engineering- 160
- Physics- 160
- Chemistry Education- 160
- Agriculture Education – 160
- Chemistry Education- 160
- Geography Education- 160
- Mathematics Education- 160
- Physics Education- 160
- Library & Information Science- 160
- Human Kinetics Education- 160
- Health Education(Ed)- 160
- Integrated Science(Ed)- 160
- Computer Science(Ed)- 160
- Building Tech Education- 160
- Electrical Electronics Education- 160
- Woodwork Tech Education- 160
- Metalwork Tech Education- 160
- Automobile Tech. Education- 160
KUST Admission Requirements
The admission process at Kano University of Science & Technology is highly competitive, as the institution attracts a large number of qualified applicants each year. Prospective students are required to meet certain criteria and follow specific procedures to secure admission into their desired programs.
KUST Admission Requirements by UTME
For admission to KUST in 2023 UTME applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have reached the age of 16.
- Applicants must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (credits)” in their O’level result(s). This must include English, Math, and three other subjects related to their curriculum. For example, a candidate who wants to study law must have a “C” in English, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and Literature in English.
- Applicants must score at least 160 points in the JAMB UTME exam
- Candidates must take the KUST post-UTME screening exam and do very well in the exam (depending on the program of study)
- No more than one sitting result is accepted for admission to KUST
- Candidates must choose the appropriate combination of subjects for their subject. Finally, applicants must meet the specified cut-off points for their courses in order to gain admission to the university.
KUST Admission Requirements by Direct Entry
Candidates seeking direct admission to KUST must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in their O’level results. This must include English language and math. However, the results of two sessions are not allowed.
- Applicants must also be 16 years old. Applicants must obtain the JAMB registration form directly from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates must have one of the following certificates:
OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
That’s all we have for you on KUST Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, and Requirements. We hope you can get all the information you need.