EBSU Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, and Requirements
This information is for Candidates seeking information about the EBSU Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, and Requirements.
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki (EBSU) was founded in 1999 in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State Nigeria. The university’s medical faculty was established in 1991 as ESUT’s Faculty of Health Sciences.
Many of its facilities were developed in response to a Guinea worm pandemic; the Abakaliki Specialist Hospital, created for this purpose, was remodeled to become Ebonyi State University’s primary teaching hospital.
It was subsequently granted accreditation by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for the training of medical students and resident doctors. Since it became part of Ebonyi State University, the medical school has received considerable funding from the Ebonyi government. Background
List of courses offered in EBSU
As usual, we have arranged all the courses offered in EBSU alphabetically and according to their respective Faculties.
Faculty of Agricultural and Natural Resource Management
- Animal Science
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Crop science and environmental management
- Fishery and Aquaculture
Faculty of Basic Medical Science
Faculty of Clinical Medicine
- Medicine and Surgery
Faculty of Education
- Agricultural Education
- Business Education
- Building and Woodwork Technology Education
- Education Administration and Planning
- Education Biology
- Education Chemistry
- Education Computer Science
- Education Economics
- Education English
- Education Mathematics
- Education Physics
- Education Religious studies
- Educational Foundations
- Educational Management
- Electrical and Electronic Technology Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Health Education
- Home Economics
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Integrated Science
- Mechanical Metalwork Technology Education
- Social Studies
- Technical and Vocational Education
Faculty of Engineering
- Food Science and Technology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Management Science
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management
- Public Administration
Faculty of Science
- Applied Biology
- Applied Microbiology
- Computer Science
- Geology and Exploration
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Mathematics and Statistics
- Industrial Physics
Faculty of Health Science and Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Nursing Science
Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- English language and literature
- History and International Relations
- Language and linguistics
- Mass communication
- Philosophy and Religion
- Political science
- Sociology and Anthropology
EBSU School Fees Schedule
EBSU School Fees Schedule For Indigenes and Non-Indigenes 2023/2024
The Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Acceptance Fee for the 2023/2024 academic session is N30,000 [Thirty Thousand Naira only]. This fee is mandatory and non-refundable for every newly admitted student.
|EBSU SCHOOL FEES FOR INDIGENES||EBSU SCHOOL FEES FOR NON-INDIGENES|
|Registration||NGN 12,000 (Twelve Thousand Naira Only)||22,000 (Twenty-Two Thousand Naira|
|School Fees||NGN88,000 (Eighty Eight thousand naira only)||NGN128,000 (One hundred and twenty-eight thousand naira only)|
|TOTAL FEE||N100,000 (One hundred Thousand Naira Only)||N150,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only)|
OFFICIAL NEWLY APPROVED FEES FOR ALL STUDENTS IN EBSU, BOTH FRESH AND CONTINUES STUDENTS
THE NEWLY APPROVED DEVELOPMENTAL AND ACCREDITATION FEES.
Following the decision of the Top Management Committee during her emergency meeting held on 10 December 2022 regarding new levy/fees payable by fresh/continuing students of the University as shown in the table below for implementation by all concerned
Accreditation Fee: N10,000.00
NB: PAYABLE BY BOTH FRESH AND CONTINUING STUDENTS OF ALL FACULTIES AND DEPARTMENTS.
N250,000.00 — Medicine & Surgery and Law students
N200,000.00 – Nursing students and medical Lab students
N 50,000.00 – Students in FSS&H, FMS
Faculty of Engineering, FACULTY of Sciences,
Dept. of Anatomy and Physiology
N 20,000.00 – Education and Agricultural Science Courses
This information is for all concerned.
Ebonyi State University (EBSU) Acceptance Fee
Just like every other school in Nigeria Ebonyi State University will also ask you to pay an acceptance fee, don’t be scared you don’t need to break the bank just to pay only acceptance fee.
The Ebonyi State University acceptance is 30,000 naira only, apart from that you also need 315 which will be used to process it.
Procedures On How To Pay The Acceptance Fee
Now follow this step below to pay your acceptance fee:
1) First visit the school website (click here), you need to confirm your admission status first to be sure your name is on the admission list, do that by clicking on check admission status
2) Now move to the second phase, by creating an account here https://www.ebsu.edu.ng/portal
3) You have to indicate that you are a newly admitted student by clicking on ‘New student’ under ‘student type’, and input your jamb registration number.
Once you are logged in, try and update your profile, the next line of action should be:
- i) Generate an invoice ( click on acceptance fee and click on acceptance invoice)
- ii) Rush to the bank to pay. Don’t forget to log back to print your receipt.
EBSU Cutoff Marks 2023/2024
The EBSU JAMB cutoff mark for 2023/2024 is 180 and it applies to all courses.
EBSU Departmental Cutoff Mark 2023
Medicine and Surgery 314
Medical Laboratory Science 256
Mechanical Engineering 260
Electronic Engineering 217
Medical Radiography 263
Civil Engineering 256
Mass Communication 265
Foreign Language 180
History and International Studies 242
English and Literary Studies 252
Theatre and Film Studies 249
Nutrition and Dietetics 224
Home Science 180
Medical Rehabilitation 235
Political Science 240
English Education 235
Social Science Education 220
Public Administration and Local Government Studies 221
Urban and Regional Planning 180
Estate Management 200
Human Physiology 205
Human Anatomy 206
Veterinary Medicine 225
Banking and Finance 218
Pure and Industrial Chemistry 216
Physics and Astronomy 203
Banking and Finance 183
Business Management 213
Foreign Language 180
Guidance and Counselling 180
Health Education 180
Home Science 200
Agricultural Extension 210
Adult Education 180
Agricultural Economics 182
Crop Science 180
Animal Science 180
EBSU Admission Requirements
A) For JAMB Candidates
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE, WAEC, NECO, or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Applicants must select Ebonyi State University as the first or second choice of study during JAMB registration.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WAEC, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, or approved equivalents.
- Candidate must make at least 180 pass mark in JAMB to qualify for EBSU post-UTME screening exercise.
- Candidates must be sixteen (16) years of age in the year of admission. Candidates would have to provide proof of this either with a birth certificate or an affidavit.
B) EBSU admission requirements through Direct Entry
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Ebonyi State University (EBSU) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, the two-sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get a JAMB Direct entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN.
Post Graduate Admission Requirements
General Admission Requirements;
The EBSU School of Postgraduate Studies admission requirements must be satisfied by all candidates seeking for admission into any of the Postgraduate programmes
All candidates seeking admission into EBSU SPGS must have a minimum of a credit pass in Olevel English Language for all programmes. All candidates in Medical/Para-Medical Sciences, Pure, and Applied Sciences and science-related programmes (Agricultural Sciences, Education, etc) must have a minimum of credit pass in mathematics. However, candidates applying for a Postgraduate Degree in Management Sciences, Arts, Social Sciences, and Law may be considered with a pass in Mathematics. Nevertheless, courses such as Economics, Accountancy, and Banking and Finance are special exemptions that require a credit pass of 2.3 in O’Level Mathematics.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
An applicant for admission into any course of study leading to Postgraduate Diploma of Ebonyi State University shall be;
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree from Ebonyi State University or other institutions recognized by the Senate; or
- A holder of the Higher National Diploma (HND) passed at upper credit level in a related discipline; or
- Holders of a third class degree in an area shall normally be admitted to the PGD Programmes. However, the candidate shall not have a CGPA below 2 on a 5-point grade scale.
- Holder of Higher National Diploma (HND) passed at Lower Credit Level in a related discipline with relevant work experience of 3 years.
Master of Science (MSc)
Graduates of Ebonyi State University or graduates from other approved universities who have obtained the appropriate degree with at least a good second-class honours or its equivalent;
Holders of the EBSU Postgraduate Diploma or PGD from other recognized institutions who score a CGPA of not less than 2.5 on the 5 points grade scale or 60% average would be eligible for admission into the Master’s Programmes.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
The following may apply for provisional registration as candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in view. Graduates of approved Universities who have obtained the degree of Master’s appropriate to the proposed study. A candidate seeking admission into a Ph.D. programme from the Master’s programmes would obtain a CGPA of not less than 3.50 on 5 points grade.
That’s all we have for you on the topic of EBSU Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks, and Requirements. Please message us in the comment section for any other details.
That’s all we have on the topic EBSU Courses, School Fees, Cutoff Marks and Requirements. We hope you get the information you need.