Baze University Courses, School Fees Cutoff Marks, And Requirements
This information is for applicants interested in knowing the Baze University Courses, School Fees Cutoff Marks, And Requirements
About Baze University
Baze University is a private tertiary institution located in Abuja, Nigeria, it was established in 2011 and offers basic standard education.
The university was established in 2011 and received its provisional license from the National Universities Commission (NUC) on the 7th of March of the same year. Academic activities commenced with staff and 17 students all in one building on the site of its 50,000 sqm campus.
Construction of the Administrative Block, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Computing and Applied Sciences, the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Environmental Sciences, and the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences soon followed.
The Institution has had six consecutive Convocation Ceremonies and has produced graduates in various disciplines.
Baze University offers various academic programmes for undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. A total of 43 undergraduate degree programs are run at the university under the following faculties:
- Faculty of Management and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Computing and Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
While the postgraduate school offers the following degree programs:
- M.Sc. Animal And Environmental Science
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Economics
- M.Sc. International Relations And Diplomacy
- M.Sc. Management MMAN
- M.Sc. Mass Communication MMAC
- M.Sc. Parasitology MPAR
- M.Sc. Public Administration
- M.Sc. Sociology MSOC
- M.Sc. Intelligence and Global Security
- M.Sc. Security, Leadership, and Society
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Law (LLM)
Courses / Departments at BAZE University
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management / Management Science
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- Estate Management
- Government And Public Administration
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Insurance and Actuarial Science
- International Relations
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine and Surgery
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Quantity Surveying
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Radiography And Radiation Science
Baze University School Fees for All Undergraduate Students
The table below shows the full list of courses and their fees schedule for all undergraduate students in Baze University to be paid for the 2023/2024 academic session:
FACULTY-BASED TUITION FEE PER ACADEMIC SESSION
|Faculty of Engineering/ Environmental Sciences||Faculty of Mgt& Social Sciences||Faculty of Computing & Applied Sciences||Faculty of Basic Medical/Health Sciences (Apart from MBBS)||Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)|
400L to 600L =
N 5,000,000 Each Level*
|One-off Caution Deposit = N20,000.00|
One-off Admission Processing Fee = N20,000.00
|Hostel Fee||N550,000.00* per Academic Session (Two Semesters)|
|Hostel Service Charge||N41,250.00* per Academic Session (Two Semesters)|
|Feeding (Optional)||N400,000.00* per Academic Session (Two Semesters)|
|Laundry (Optional)||N80,000.00* per Academic Session (Two Semesters)|
*Kindly note that the University reserves the right to amend previously announced fees, if necessary.
TUITION FEE PAYMENT PLANS
Parents/Sponsors are to note that they can take advantage of any of the following payment options:
- Option A- Tuition Fee Payment Plans:
- Full Sectional Payment: Full Academic Year payment of N2,500,000.00 (for Law, Engineering, and Environmental Sciences and MBBS(100L) students), or N2,250,000.00 (for Mgt/Social Sciences, Computing/Applied Sciences, and Basic Medical/Health Sciences students) to be made at the beginning of each academic session.
- Semester Installments: Two installment payments of N1,250,000.00 (for Law, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, and MBBS(100L) students), or N1,125,000.00 (for Mgt/Social Sciences, Computing/Applied Sciences, and Basic Medical/Health Sciences students) to be made at the beginning of each semester.
- Multi-Installment Payment: Payments in installment of initial N1,000,000.00 and five subsequent monthly installments of N300,000.00 by Direct Debit supported with a Bank Guarantee, making a total of N2,500,000.00 per academic session for Law, Engineering, and Environmental Sciences and MBBS(100L) students, or payments in installment of initial N750,000.00 and five subsequent monthly installments of N300,000.00 by Direct Debit supported with a Bank Guarantee, making a total of N2,250,000.00 per academic session for Mgt/Social Sciences, Computing/Applied Sciences, and Basic Medical/Health Sciences students.
HOSTEL FEE PAYMENT PLANS
Students, who choose to reside in the University’s Hostel upon resumption on Campus after the lockdown, could take advantage of any of the following two Hostel Fees Payment Plans:
- Full payment of N591,250.00 at the beginning of each academic session, or
- Payment of N295,625.00 at the beginning of each Semester.
FEEDING PAYMENT PLANS
- Full payment of N400,000.00 at the beginning of each academic session, or
- Payment of N200,000.00 at the beginning of each Semester.
LAUNDRY PAYMENT PLANS
- Full payment of N80,000.00 at the beginning of each academic session, or
- Payment of N40,000.00 at the beginning of each Semester.
Kindly note again that ALL payments are to be made into Baze University’s Account with the following details:
|Bank:||Zenith Bank Plc.|
|Account Name:||Baze University.|
Recommended: Covenant University School Fees For All Courses 2023
BAZE UNIVERSITY REFUND POLICY ON TUITION AND HOSTEL FEES
|S/No.||Time of Refund Application.||Refund Applicable|
|1||Before two weeks to the commencement of the Semester.||100% (less Admin Charges)|
|2||Two weeks to 1st day of the semester||50% (less Admin Charges)|
|3||After 1st day of the semester||0% (No Refund)|
Kindly take note of the following
- Refunds are computed as of the date the Registrar or Bursar is notified through an Application for Refund.
- The Administrative Charge on any refund is 20% of the refundable sum.
- Students who have graduated but still have credit balances in their accounts will get a full refund.
How to Pay Baze University School Fees Online:
There are three methods of which you can use to pay Baze University Abuja Fees online, they’re as follows:
- Visit the Baze University Portal (click here to visit) and look for the “Admissions” button at the top menu bar, then click on “Fees.”
- Click on the “Click Here to Make Payment” button you see and then fill in your Student ID Number, choose your Course/Programme, and click on Sign in.
- Click on the “Tuition,” button click on the applicable fees, and click on “Select Payment Semester.”
- Next, click on “Pay Now.” On the new window, select the payment method provided (Nigerian Cards, International Cards, or Banks) and click on the “Make Payment” button.
- On the next page, enter your Card details and click on “Pay.”
- Enter the OTP code sent to your phone and click on the “Agree” button, then finally click on the “Submit.” button.
- Print the payment Receipt, scan it, and forward it to this email: [email protected].
- Make Payment at any branch of Zenith Bank Plc, or Stanbic IBTC Bank:
- forward the evidence of payment to [email protected].
- Don’t forget to add your Student ID Number in the remarks field of your bank teller
- You are also allowed to do Internet or Mobile transfer into the same account and the evidence Should be sent to the same email address above.
- After your payment has been verified by the School’s Finance Department, then
- You should log in to your Student Portal and continue with your Semester registration. (please do seek for guidance from your HOD or Department’s Registration Officer).
The Baze University management has disclosed that there is no difference between the amount payable as school fees for Domestic students (students of Nigerian nationality) and International students (students coming from outside the country).
Baze University School Fees and Admission
When you’re offered admission into Baze University, even when it shows on your JAMB Caps, it does not guarantee that your admission is secured, unless you’ve paid the school fees and Acceptance fee.
This means that for all incoming or transferring students, the first process to cementing your admission into Baze University is by paying your school fees. Payment of school fees is regarded as the major part of the acceptance process into the university.
Finally, take note that the tuition cost only covers the cost of courses undertaken for the semester/academic session.
Male Hostels: 08030829058.
Female Hostels: 08037875199.
Finance and Records: 07035002411.
Baze University Cutoff Mark 2023
The cut-off mark for all courses in Baze University 2023/2024 academic session is 180.
This serves both as the Baze University JAMB cutoff mark and departmental cut-off mark.
All 2023 JAMB candidates who scored a minimum of 180 and above, who also chose Baze University Abuja as their choice of institution are eligible to buy the Baze University Post UTME form.
After the release of the Departmental cut-off mark by Baze University Abuja all prospective students are expected to meet the cutoff mark for their selected courses to be admitted into any undergraduate programs in the institution.
This further means that all 2023 candidates who sat for the JAMB and Baze University Post UTME examination and met the required cutoff mark for any of their preferred courses/programs have a good chance of gaining admission into the institution to study any of the selected programs.
Baze University Admission Requirements
A) Baze University Admission Requirements For UTME
To Gain admission into an undergraduate program at Baze University is basically under two (2) entry methods: the UTME Entry and the Direct Entry.
Below are the requirements for candidates who wish to gain admission into Baze University through UTME:
- You must have at least an O-Level Credit pass in 5 subjects (Including English Language and Mathematics).
In this case, the O-Level result could be WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB or any equivalent.
- Candidate must choose the correct JAMB subject combination.
- Candidate must score at least 180 in the just concluded JAMB UTME examination to be eligible for admission into Baze University.
- Baze University must be your First Choice of Institution.
- A candidate must participate in Baze University Post UTME screening to be considered for admission.
- Every candidate must have reached the age of 16 years.
- Candidate results should not be more than two sittings.
B) Baze University Requirements For Direct Entry Candidates
Below are the requirements for candidates who want to gain admission into Baze University through Direct Entry:
- Direct entry candidates must also possess an O-level Credit grade in 5 subjects (Including English language and mathematics).
However, candidates must have an A-Level/IJMB pass in two subjects related to their area of study.
- A candidate must purchase the Baze University Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And UNICAL Portal.
- Candidate results should not be more than two sittings.