Alternative Routes To Gain Admission Into University Without JAMB
Are you looking for alternative options to gain admission into university without JAMB? Then this piece would be perfect for you.
We all know how arduous it is to gain admission into Universities in Nigeria.
In Nigeria, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is responsible for conducting the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), which is an expedient precondition for admission into most tertiary institutions.
However, there are some deviations, exclusions, and alternative routes to gain admission without writing JAMB as well as Institutions that offer such programs.
Means To Gain Admission Without JAMB
If you’re looking to gain admission without taking the JAMB in 2023/2024, there are several proven options Available below;
1) Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board (IJMB) examination:
It is an Approved, Proven, and Certified Advanced level programme laid by Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) and the NUC and has a coordinating body in several tertiary institutions and different study centres nationwide.
It is built to cater to admission seekers and to provide admission for students into 200 Level in any Nigerian university without JAMB.
The programme at the initial stage was designed to provide chances for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree programmes in Northern Universities due to different reasons.
The qualification into the programme is purely Ordinary Level result (O’level) also, candidates awaiting results can also apply.
The IJMB programme has been in existence for many years now and there are so many prominent Nigerians who have secured Admission through IJMB.
The good news in IJMB
- a) IJMB gives candidates admission into the 200 level.
- b) IJMB candidates do not need to register for JAMB.
- c) IJMB result is valid for 7 years.
- d) Admission into university with IJMB is much easier.
2) Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Programme:
Of course, you can also gain admission without JAMB 2022 through the JUPEB programme.
Successful candidates can use their certificate to apply for direct entry admission into the 200 level in any university of their choice. Diploma programmes Some universities still offer Diploma programmes
It’s no longer news that many schools in Nigeria run the JUPEB programme which you can easily enroll in with just an O’level result after which you gain admission to study your desired course.
JUPEB programme runs from Eight to nine months and completes one academic session. You will obtain a certificate that you can use to apply for admission into the 200 level at that university or any other university.
Candidates are also required to register and sit for the JUPEB entrance examination, which assesses their readiness for the rigorous academic demands of the program.
JUPEB is an excellent opportunity for students who may have missed out on gaining admission through the regular UTME admission process, as it offers a second chance to gain direct entry into university.
Again, the JUPEB Result expires after 3 years.
3) Admission Without JAMB Through Diploma Programme:
It is a short-term program that spans for 2years. Several government-approved institutes and universities offer diploma courses in various streams.
Diploma programs help to offer a more professional and practical perspective of the topic that helps the course takers gain more employable skills.
A Diploma program is mainly based on courses related to social science, management science, and arts. Degree programs like; Law, Accounting, Political Science, Economics, and Business management. Etc
This signifies that admissions through diploma programs may not be available for all degree programs.
After 2 years of regular duration of this program, you will be given a certificate. With this certificate, you can apply for direct entry admission into 200 levels in that same school or any other university.
4) Pre-degree Programmes.
Pre-degree/Remedial/Foundation Programmes are offered by many universities and are established to support candidates who do not meet certain requirements for admission through JAMB.
After completing the programme which usually lasts for 9 months, the successful candidates are admitted into relevant undergraduate degree courses in the school they did the programme.
5) Admission Without JAMB Through Direct Entry:
You can apply for admission into the 200 or 300 level, depending on your qualification; which is if you’re a holder of a National Diploma (ND) or a Higher National Diploma (HND).
6) Admission Without JAMB Through the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN):
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is a renowned institution providing flexible and accessible education to a diverse range of students.
With its focus on open and distance learning, NOUN offers a wide array of courses that cater to the educational needs of individuals seeking higher education while managing their other commitments.
And of course, you can gain Admission into this prestigious Institution without JAMB.
7) Admission Without JAMB Through Private Universities:
Private universities in Nigeria are not regulated by JAMB and can admit students without JAMB scores.
Examples are Babcock University, Madonna University, Igbinedion University etc. And also note that they have certain requirements coupled with expensive fees.
8) Study Abroad:
You should know that JAMB results are not required for admission to foreign Universities.
There are thousands of Universities overseas that don’t require JAMB for admission.
Meeting their requirements including taking the SAT or ACT standardized test may guarantee your admission.
And don’t forget to embark on some research on what steps to take.
List Of Universities That You Can Gain Admission Without JAMB But Through JUPEB/IJMB
1) Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
2) Caritas University, Enugu
3) City University, Yaba, Lagos State
4) Citygate University, Ibadan
5) Cross River University of Technology, Calabar
6) Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu
7) Federal University, BirninKebbi, Kebbi State
8) Federal University Gashua, Yobe State
9) Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State
10) Federal University of Dutse (FUD)
11) Federal University of Petroleum Resource Effurun
12) Federal University of Technology Minna
13) Federal University of Technology Owerri
14) Free University of Nigeria (FUN), Proposed online, first 100% tuition-free university in the world. Lagos. Nigeria
15) Gombe State University, Gombe
16) Ibrahim Babangida University, Lapai
17) Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Niger State, Lapai
18) University of Ado Ekiti, Ado Ekiti
19) University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Abeokuta
20) University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Makurdi, Benue State
21) University of Ilorin, Ilorin
22)University of Jos, Jos
23) University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri
24)University of Mkar, Mkar-Gboko, Benue State
25) Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State
26) Wesley University, Ondo
27) Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
28) Sule Lamido University, Kaffin Hausa, Jigawa State
29) Mountain Top University, Ogun State.
30) University of Ibadan (Distance Learning Programme)
31) Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH Distance learning)
32) Osun State University (UNIOSUN Part-Time Degree)
33) Ekiti State University (EKSU Part-Time Degree)
34) Awolowo University (OAU Distance learning)
35) Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA Part-Time Degree)
36) National Open University (NOUN Distance Learning)
37) University of Lagos (UNILAG Distance Learning)
38) State University (LASU Sandwich programme)
39) Ekiti State University (EKSU Sandwich programme)
40) University of Ilorin (UNILORIN Sandwich programme)
41) University of Abuja (UNIABUJA sandwich programme)
42) Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB Degree Part-Time)
43) Adeyemi College of Education (Adeyemi Sandwich programme)
44) Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE Weekly/Weekend Part-Time)
45) Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH Part-Time Degree)
46) National Teachers’ Institute, Kaduna (Nationwide Distance Learning)
47) Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye (OOU) (Both Daily Part-time and Weekends Part-time)
48) Lagos State University Ojo Lagos (LASU Part-Time Degree programme)
49) University of Benin Edo Benin City (UNIBEN Part-Time Degree Programme)
Polytechnics That Offer Admissions Without JAMB:
Below is the list of some polytechnics that allow one to Gain Admission Into University Without JAMB:
1) Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State
2) Federal Polytechnic Offa, Kwara State
3) Osun State Polytechnic Iree, Osun State
4) Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke, Osun State
5) The Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo State
6) Oke Ogun Polytechnic, Saki, Oyo State
7) Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic, Eruwa (Formerly Ibarapa Polytechnic), Oyo State
8) Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin Kwara State
9) Ogun State Polytechnic (Moshood Abiola Polytechnic), Abeokuta, Ogun State
10) Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu
11) Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi
12) Federal Polytechnic Ado, Ekiti State (called ND Full-Time Evening)
13) Ogun State Polytechnic (also called Moshood Abiola Polytechnic) Abeokuta
14) Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology, Moore Plantation
15) Lagos State Polytechnic, Ojo Lago State
16) Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
17) Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger State
18) Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State
19) Federal College of Agriculture, Moor Plantation Ibadan, Oyo State
20) Federal College of Agriculture, Akure, Ondo State
21) Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State
22) Federal Polytechnic Ado, Ekiti State